Monday, May 31, 2010

Hiatus Terminus

OK, I'm back. I got off to a lovely start last spring, but then I dropped this blog entirely for fall and winter. I just wasn't interested in posting. Now, however, I've been spurred back into action primarily by my husband who claims that he needs me to provide something for him to read while he's sitting at his desk drinking coffee in the morning. (I'm certain that any mother at home with small children can see the irony in that, by the way.)

If you're wondering why I'm publishing a post dated May, 2010 in March 2011, it's because I had originally started this as a post about Jelly Bean's last day of preschool. So let me catch you up on some of the highlights that have passed.

First off, Jelly Bean graduated from preschool last May. They wound up the year with a little ceremony in which each kid is given a certificate that predicts their future occupation. At the end of her first year, Bean got the Little Scientist Award which delighted me and distressed her accountant father. This time, however, her teachers made a comment on her personality that made us both laugh by bestowing upon her the Little Politician Award.

No comments:

Post a Comment